Digital Marketing Engineering
Digital Marketing Engineering is a liaison between Marketing and IT. Using in-depth knowledge of both worlds makes achieving marketing business goals extremely efficient and effective at the same time.
For example, the setup of a classic retargeting requires 2-3 people:
- The software developer, who is responsible for the data provisioning on the website, which is the technical basis of the retargeting
- The web analyst, who sets up the data flow between the provisioned data and the advertising platform
- The performance marketing manager, who finally manages the retargeting ads
Depending on the digital marketing maturity of a company there might be little to no mutual understanding for each other’s expertise. This leads to a high investment of time to coordinating each other as well as testing and debugging each other’s work.
A digital marketing engineer, on the other hand, can handle all above listed tasks by her or himself, saving the time it takes for a group of people to coordinate and brief each other on their individual requirements.
What I can help you with
- Creation of Custom Tag Templates, like my GTM Custom Template for the trbo onsite personalization platform
- Implementation of an Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking for Universal Analytics or Google Analytics 4 (GA4)
- Installation of a complete setup that meets the requirements of popular Ad- or MarTech providers – e.g. tags for dynamic remarketing with Criteo OneTag, Facebook Pixel, Google Ads, Microsoft UET, etc.
- Stream consolidation with the help of server-side tagging
- Google Universal Analytics
- Google Analytics 4 (GA4)
- Google BigQuery
- Google Data Studio
- Google Spreadsheets
- Development of a Digital Marketing & Measurement Model (DMMM) for your business
- Applying the Lean Analytics cycle to improve parts of your business
- Page Speed Optimization
- Building (inter)connected graphs of structured data based on Schema.org
- Enrich the existing schema output of schema WordPress plugins like “Yoast SEO” to add new properties to existing schema types, or to even add new schema types, e.g. “Thing > Person” on one of my projects.
- Usage of synergy effects between schema output and web analytics to reduce DOM size and computing time
- Custom Plugins
- Custom Blocks
- Grandchild Themes